Tuesday, October 18, 2011
The Stylish Blogger Award
My lovely and funny friend Mary, has bestowed a new award on me. It is the Stylish Blogger Award....woo hoo...aren't I special ;-)But alas, this honor doesn't come without strings attached. I need to share 7 things about me with you. The nice thing about this award is that I get to share the honor with five other bloggers.
1. Through my father I learned to love a wide range of music...traditional Peruvian music....classical...Big Band.....Classic Rock....Pop....Sinatra and the other Rat Packers, and now with my son and nieces/nephews I can add some hip hop and rap. I don't believe it either.
2. My favorite composer is Pyotyr Illyich Tychaikovsky; and I'm not talking just the Nutcracker Suite either. As a teen right out of high school I ordered the Time Life Tychaikovsky collection for my listening pleasure.
3. I may have mentioned this already once before. After all, this blog is 5 years old already. But I cannot cook when I am not hungry. If I am full, my family is out of luck. I will also not taste my food while I am cooking because it will ruin my appetite.
4. I am very careful not to mention weight to either thin or heavier people because I know how much it affected me growing up when kids or adults would tell me I was too skinny. I really wish people would be more sensitive about that when talking to pre-teens and teens. It really does affect the way the see themselves their whole lives.
5. I am not much of a talker. I always feel I say the wrong things. I think that is God's way of telling me to shut up and listen more. I am happy when my friends do all the talking then there is a good chance, I won't say something dumb or God forbid offensive to someone.
6. I talk to my mother twice a day. This is not necessarily done out of duty but because I enjoy talking to her. We laugh a lot and she still teaches me a lot about life and family.
7. I hate talking about myself. You have no idea how much I had to think about this one in order to share something with you all.
Now! So now, this lovely award goes to:
1. Therese of Aussie Coffee Shop
2. Jean of Catholic Fire
3. Melissa of Make Sense of this Spence
4. Cathy of A Bit of the Blarney
5. Helen of Catholic Seeking