Monday, April 25, 2011

Noli Mi Tangere

by Ciro Ferri

Picture source

"Do not touch me, for I am not yet ascended to my Father..."

The reason of the words of Jesus, "Do not touch me," was afterwards explained to me...I think he made use of those words because of the impetuosity of Magdalen's feelings, which made her in a certain degree forget the stupendous mystery which had been accomplished, and feel as if what she then beheld was still mortal instead of a glorified body. As for the words of Jesus, "I am not yet ascended to my Father," I was told that their meaning was that he had not presented himself to his Father since his Resurrection, to return him thanks for his victory over death, and for the work of the redemption which he had accomplished...

Excerpt from the Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Anne Catherine Emmerich

No comments: