Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Living Simply This Lent


Mary Jane shared a really good article just in time for our Lenten journey.

Living Simply During Lent

I'm skipping to #5:
Fifth, embrace silence. Kreeft calls silence "the unknown power source…the great untapped resource." He says that silence is more, not less than noise. Cultivate inner silence by eliminating outer noise. Turn off the television. Skip the radio in the car. Listen more. Talk less. God speaks to us all the time, but often with the cacophonic sounds intruding into our lives we just don't hear Him.

3 comments:

Kay said...

That is a great article and I agree about the importance of silence. I think I've become addicted to it. If we watch something on TV, the silence which happens when we turn it off is so refreshing. How has our society become so addicted to noise?

I hope your Lent is fruitful and blessed.

EC Gefroh said...

Hi Kay:
It is so difficult to have silence around us. We
need to find it when we can like in our own home.
I hope you have a blessed Lent.

EC Gefroh said...

You're welcome, Jackie.