Thursday, August 05, 2010

Prayer by John Henry Cardinal Newman - Radiating Christ

Picture Source

From Sue Cifelli:

Radiating Christ

A prayer originally composed by John Henry Cardinal Newman, chosen by Blessed Teresa of Calcutta to be recited by the Missionaries of Charity every morning after Holy Mass:

DEAR JESUS,

Help me to spread Your fragrance everywhere I go.
Flood my soul with Your spirit and life.
Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Yours.
Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Your presence in my soul.

Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus!

Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as You shine, so to shine as to be a light to others;

the light, O JESUS, will be all from You;

none of it will be mine: it will be You shining on others through me. Let me thus praise You in the way You love best: by shining on those around me.

Let me preach You without preaching, not by words, but by my example, by the catching force, the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears for You.

AMEN.


No comments: