Thursday, January 28, 2010
Recipe for Achieving Humility
- Speak as little as possible of oneself.
- Mind one's own business.
- Avoid curiosity.
- Do not want to manage other people's affairs.
- Accept contradiction and correction cheerfully.
- Pass over the mistakes of others.
- Accept blame when innocent.
- Yield to the will of others.
- Accept insults and injuries.
- Accept being slighted, forgotten, and disliked.
- Be kind and gentle even under provocation. Do not seek to be specially loved and admired.
- Never stand on one's dignity.
- Yield in discussion even though one is right.
- Choose always the hardest."
By Blessed Mother Teresa speaking to her religious, as quoted in the Love of Christ.