Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Feast of St. John Neumann


Picture Source

How much I love you, O my Jesus.
I wish to love you with my whole heart;
yet I do not love you enough.
My lack of devotion and my sloth make me anxious.
I have one desire, that of being near you
in the Blessed Sacrament.
You are the sweet bridegroom of my soul.
My Jesus, my love, my all,
gladly would I endure hunger, thirst, heat,
and cold to remain always with you in the
Blessed Sacrament.
Would that in your Eucharistic presence I might
unceasingly weep over my sins.
Take entire possession of me.
To you I consecrate all the powers of my
soul and body, my whole being.
Would that I could infuse into all hearts
a burning love for you.
What great glory would be given to you here on earth,
if every heart were an altar on which every human will were laid in perfect conformity with your will
to be consumed by the fire of your love.

- Saint John Neumann
Magnificat, January 2010

No comments: