Friday, June 05, 2009

First Friday - Sacred Heart of Jesus Holy Hour Reflection

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Just a reminder that today is First Friday. The promises of the Sacred Heart can be found here
Jesus: So long have been with you do not yet know Me!... Well-beloved souls, My Heart is the prey of infinite sadness on account of the ingratitude, and the lack of generosity of My friends...My real friends, where are they?

I look around Me in the hour of combat and darkness...How few there are, so few who are able to watch with Me during one hour of agony...

My friends always find Me to help them climb the steep slopes of their own Calvaries; but they leave Me alone, forsaken in My sorrow...

My Heart watches, this Heart they have so wounded...

They sleep , while traitors urged on by hatred, hurry to accomplish their crime...

The hatred of my enemies is stronger, more zealous, than the love of My friends...While My friends take their rest, the torturers fiendishly make ready the scourges, the nails, the crown of thorns, the Cross!...

They work until they are weary, increasing the army of My enemies; they scatter money about lavishly to pay for cowardly betrayals, and to buy the cries of blasphemy, of legal insult...

Oh, yes, legions of Angels could come. My Father would send them if I asked Him, but when I weep, I wish to have with Me only friends who can shed tears...You, My brothers, you are those friends---you, the elect of My Heart - the Heart which has been ground to bits for your well being...

Oh, do not abandon Me in the hour of Gethsemane; come close around Me. Uphold with your faithful hearts the Heart of your Jesus...My soul is sorrowful...sorrowful unto death...I die because I am not loved by My own!...

Souls: We are absolutely resolved, Lord Jesus, to atone for our faults...But adorable Savior, make known to us Thy complaints...Do not fear to humiliate us...Enumerate these faults these failing of Thy friends...What is the bitterness with which the chalice of Thine adorable Heart has been filled?...Speak, Oh, speak to us again, dear Jesus!

Jesus: Listen, "filioli," My little ones, yes I wish to lay before you the entire cause of my sorrow...

On hearing the recital of your weaknesses, instead of turning aside from Me in fear and trembling, come rather to seek in a greater intimacy with the Friend of the Tabernacle a remedy, the only efficacious one for your wretchedness...

Here, I am your savior and Friend; on the threshold of your eternity, I will, in truth, be your Judge!...

Your faults, My friends?...Above all, your lack of generous love! I hunger! Is there nothing to eat, My children?...

You do not have to buy bread as did My Apostles in Samaria...It is you My friends, that I want, you without reserve or measure...

Oh! I hunger, not for a glance from your eyes, not for a word from your mouth or your heart, no...

I hunger for your whole souls...

In exchange for My Heart, I claim your heart for Myself alone! I have given you so much. I have given you everything...

And you? Oh! Why do you always measure out the love you give Me?

...And the proof, My children, of the lack of generosity on the part of My friends is their lack of gratitude toward Me...Through natural, noble sentiments, you thank effusively those you consider your benefactors...

Alas, I am often excluded from their number...

I have loaded you with My favors; I have freely given you tenderness, enlightenment, pardon, consolations, but when the hour of thanksgiving comes, you forget me...

Where are all those fine promises of gratitude you poured out so lavishly when you implored graces...even miracles?

Ah! those I reserve for my generous friends, for the very generous friends for grateful souls.

But this is the hour of repentance, of reparation, of mercy...

Assure Me that you will love Me from now on with an immense gratitude and an unfailing generosity...

Do you fear the eternal and patient One Who calls and awaits...awaiting only to enrich those whom His Heart pardons...I hunger for your love, for the bread of your hears...

Come to the God of Love Who delights in calling Himself your Brother, your Friend, your Jesus!...
From Holy Hour by The Rev. Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey, SS.CC., Book Four


twitter / catholicmominHI

No comments: