Questions for elected officialsIt was slightly edited. The following is the part that was edited out:
I encourage The Record to print the following questions, which all good citizens should be asking of their elected leaders:
* Why is the Obama administration releasing CIA notes about interrogation tactics when the release only plays into the hands of those trying to kill us?
* Why does the administration refuse to call Muslim extremists bent on our destruction "terrorists" but encourages the Department of Homeland Security to consider those Americans with opposing political views potential terrorists? This sounds like a revival of Richard Nixon's enemies list.
* Why does President Obama constantly criticize the United States whenever he travels abroad? He seems embarrassed by this country. Do you share this embarrassment? If you don't, then why aren't you speaking out against him?
* Do you believe that the federal government should control the banking industry, the automotive industry, the financial services industry, the housing industry, the health care industry, educational institutions and any other industry that receives federal money?
* Do you believe that the federal government should set salaries and bonus policy in the private sector?
* What section of the U.S. Constitution justifies the federal government's unprecedented actions, both domestically and internationally? If the powers the president is now exercising are not found in the Constitution, what are they based on?
* Do you favor the federal government using tax dollars to fund abortion both in the U.S. and abroad and to support embryo-destroying stem cell research?