Thursday, January 08, 2009

R.I.P. Father Neuhaus

Fr. Neuhaus

It is with much sadness that I read this morning that Fr. Richard Neuhaus had passed away. I remember the last time I saw him on EWTN. He and Raymond Arroyo were reporting on some major Catholic event (which has since slipped my mind). I just remember the playful repartee and friendship shared by the two men.

Eternal rest grant unto him o Lord and may Your perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

First Things - Richard John Neuhaus, 1936–2009

3 comments:

Tracy said...

oh no, what sad news this is:(

Anonymous said...

I was really sad to hear that also. My husband and I said a prayer for him today on our way to a nearby town. The last time I saw much of him was when he and Raymond Arroyo were commenting while Pope Benedict was visiting the US. We will miss him.
Kay

EC Gefroh said...

Yeah, it was really sad Tracy.

Kay, thanks for the reminder. That is when we heard both of them together.