Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

Our Lady of the Rosary
Rosary Novena Prayer

Holy Virgin Mary,
Mother of God and our Mother,
accept this Holy Rosary which I offer you
to show my love for you
and my firm confidence in your powerful intercession.

I offer it as an act of faith in the mysteries
of the Incarnation and the Redemption,
as an act of thanksgiving to God
for all his love for me and all mankind,
as an act of atonement for the sins of the world,
especially my own,
and as an act of petition to God
through your intercession
for all the needs of God's people on earth,
but especially for this earnest request.
(mention your request)

I beg you, dear Mother of God,
present my petition to Jesus, your Son,
I know that you want me to seek God's will
in my request.
If what I ask for should not be God's will,
pray that I may receive that which will be
of greater benefit for my soul.
I put all my confidence in you.

- New Saint Joseph People's Prayer Book.

No comments: