Saturday, September 13, 2008

PADRE PIO'S PRAYER TO THE IMMACULATE VIRGIN

Immaculate Heart of Mary Picture Source
My most pure Mother, my soul so poor, all stained with wretchedness and sin cries out to your maternal heart. In your goodness deign, I beseech you, to pour out on me at least a little of the grace that flowed into you with such infinite profusion from the Heart of God....

Have pity on me! May one compassionate look of yours revive me, purify me and lift me up to God; raising me from the filth of this world that I may go to him who created me, who regenerated me in holy Baptism, giving me back my white stole of innocence that original sin had so defiled.

Dear mother, make me love him! Pour into my heart that love that burned in yours for him. Even though I be clothed in misery, I revere the mystery of your Immaculate Conception, and I ardently wish that through it you may purify my heart so that I may love your God and my God.

Cleanse my mind that it may reach up to him and contemplate him and adore him in spirit and in truth. Purify my body that I, too, may be a tabernacle for him and be less unworthy of possessing him when he deigns to come to me in Holy Communion. Amen.
Excerpted from: Meditation on the Immaculate Conception,

by Padre Pio, O.F.M. Cap.

Thanks to Sue

No comments: