Friday, December 07, 2007
I found this at View From the Pews and tagged myself :-)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer gift bags. There they so versatile and reusable.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real of course. You can't beat the smell of pine. Right now our home smells so good!
3. When do you put up the tree? Day before Advent so it's just in time for the Christmas tree blessing and Advent Wreath/Candle blessings.
4. When do you take the tree down? Here in Hawaii? Just about the day after Christmas. By that time, that poor thing is dried up.
5. Do you like eggnog? I don't mind it as long as it's homemade...and my mom made it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Toots Sweet. A toy that came out after Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. You put in small Tootsie Rolls in and out came out a whistle shaped candy.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, a Fontanini. We keep it up all year round.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad???
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A gag gift by a boy I liked when I was a teen. A box of shredded cheese. I stopped liking him right after that :-)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail Mail cards. I love to send out Christmas Cards to family and friends some of whom I only hear from at Christmas time.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Don't laugh but A Christmas Story. A serious one would be Miracle on 34th Street.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Beginning of December.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. Only because I try not to keep too many gifts for myself when others can use them.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Panetone an Italian Christmas cake/bread.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear because our tree is decorated with maroon and sage green ornaments and ribbons. It looks very pretty that way.
16. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night but there are just so many I can easily list.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home but I wish we could travel to NJ to Christmas with my family.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Yes, if I sing the prelude to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel dressed in maroon and if you press it, Silent Night starts playing.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve (midnight traditionally but now after Christmas Eve dinner after returning home from the Christmas Eve Family Mass.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The commercialism and people wishing Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.
22. Best thing about this time of year? Other than the birth of the baby Jesus, the extra friendliness of people, the extra thought to the less fortunate.
Cy and I hope you tag all the teen bloggers :-)