Sunday, October 21, 2007

12 myths every Catholic should be able to expose

I finally got around to adding Crisis Magazine Online to my side bar. I thought posting the following from them would be a good refresher:
1. Christianity is no better than any other faith. All religions lead to God.

2. Why should I believe the Bible? The Old and New Testaments contradict each other countless times.

3. I don’t need to confess my sins to a priest. I can go straight to God.

4. People’s memories of their past lives prove that reincarnation is true...and that the Christian view of Heaven and Hell is not.

5. Properly interpreted, the Bible does not condemn homosexuality.

6. If the Church truly followed Jesus, they’d sell their lavish art, property, and architecture, and give the money to the poor.

7. Catholics should follow their conscience in all things...whether it’s abortion, birth control, or women’s ordination.

8. Dissent is actually a good thing, since we should all keep our minds open to new ideas.

9. There’s no such thing as absolute truth. What’s true for you may not be true for me.

10. I don’t need to go to Church. As long as I’m a good person, that’s all that really matters.

11. Natural Family Planning is just the Catholic version of birth control.

12. Someone can be pro-choice and Catholic at the same time.

If you need help answering any of the above, it may be time to register to receive their e-letter.
Click HERE to subscribe to their free e-letter.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Great post, I'm glad you added this!

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks Tracy.

Alexandra said...

This looks good for keeping up to date with political issues as wel. Thanks! I like their article about Catholic manliness. I don't see enough about this topic.

Alexandra said...

May I link to the entire article with the answers?

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/apologetics/ap0140.html

Great resource! Good for passing on to your children as well for making them aware of contrary beliefs they may come in contact with.

Alexandra said...

http://www.catholiceducation.org
/articles/apologetics/ap0140.html

Oops, here you go...hopefully this will show.

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks Alexandra!!