Saturday, May 05, 2007

Lovely Lady in Blue

Lovely Lady in Blue

The first time I read the following poem was when a nice gentleman in Church gave me a card with the poem on it. I posted it on Catholic Homeschooling site a few years ago.

It was recently after he passed away, that I learned his name. Thank you Eric!

Lovely Lady, Dressed in Blue
Teach me how to pray.
God was just your little boy
Tell me what to say.
Did you lift Him up sometimes,
Gently on your knee.
And did you sing to Him
The way mother does to me.
Did you try telling Him stories of the world?
And, oh, did He cry?

Do you think He minds if I tell Him things,
Just little things that happen?
And do the angels wings make a noise?

Can He hear me if I speak low?
Does He hear me now?
Lovely lady dressed in blue,
Teach me how to pray.
God was just a little boy
You know the way
You know what to say.

Amen.

1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

Glad you liked it!