Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Peace of a Good Conscience

Guardian Angel

The following is from My Daily Bread by the Confraternity of the Precious Blood.

Chapter 15 of Conversion:

Christ: My child, if you have a good conscience, you need not have any fear of death. It is better to try to avoid sin than to try to escape death.

A wise man reflects often on the hour of death, so as to be prepared for it at all times.

If you want to please Me, try to become today the kind of man you would like to be at the time of your death. make this effort, and death will find you full of confidence and peace. For this must you daily strive: a healthy contempt for worldly comforts, a burning desire to advance in virtue, a love of right order in your actions, a spirit of penance, readiness to obey authority, self-discipline, and patience to bear adversity for My Sake.

2 comments:

Micki said...

How do you do this Esther? You always have the best posts. I think you must have a computer chair tied to your backside.

Great writing about conscience.
I always liked the thought that if you think you don't have any sins, that's another one.

EC Gefroh said...

:-) Micki, it's just when I am reading something that really strikes me, I like to share it with others. Glad you enjoy what I post.