Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Corporal Acts of Mercy - Clothing the Naked

Clothing the Naked Picture courtesy of Works of Art Clothing the Naked by Michiel Sweerts

Clothing the Naked.

Suggestions, go through your family's closets and drawers and donate those items of clothing no longer worn. To make a bigger sacrifice, considering donating something that is a favorite piece of clothing. You can donate to the St. Vincent de Paul Society, the Salvation Army or if you know someone in need, give it to that person.

4 comments:

FloridaWife said...

I do this often. I always say, "no sense in me keeping this if I hardly wear it or never do, when it could clothe someone that is naked."

EC Gefroh said...

That's good.

Barbara said...

Mother Theresa, "Jesus says very clearly: 'Love as I have loved you.' Jesus died on the Cross because that is what it took for Him to do good to us - to save us from our selfishness in sin. He gave up everything to do the Father's will to show us that we too must be willing to give up everything to do God's will - to love one another as He loves each of us. If we are not willing to give whatever it takes to do good to one another, sin is still in us. That is why we too must give to each other until it hurts."

Great suggestion Esther, and I like the idea of giving away a favorite. As Mother Theresa said, "Give until it hurts."

EC Gefroh said...

SCmom: I have felt I haven't been doing enough this Lent when it comes to helping the less fortunate. I feel very disatisfied and it may be because I haven't given until it hurts. Thank you for the reminder.