Monday, November 20, 2006

Prayer Request for a Homeschooling Mom

prayer Please keep Lorrie and her dear family in your prayers.

My friend Sherrie shared this with our group:

We have had several discussions with the doctor and have come to the conclusion to stop all treatments altogether. It just was not working in my body. Sadly this means I am now officially on hospice care. I am comfortable and not in much pain. My doctor said I would have one to six months; however, we agreed in reality it would be more like 1 to 2 months. Last week they didn’t think I would make it through the week-end. I have surprised them all. I still have my stubborn streak!

My children are my biggest concern. They will be signed-up for private Christian school. Because we are in a small town, our school is really intimate. The kids have expressed some interest in school, but regret that by doing so it means mommy has passed away. Wow, that is so hard to say. Please pray for a smooth transition from homeschool to private school.

I ask that the Lord cover them with His hands every day they are there.

As for me, I ask for a peaceful passing. I love you Jesus, come quickly.

{Words by Lorrie Gnos; blog updated by Karen Hayden, Lorrie’s loving sister

Lorrie's Blog


No comments: