Friday, November 24, 2006

How to Help Empty Purgatory

St. Gertrude Picture courtesy of My Catholic Tradition

This is a prayer which I say daily. I hope you will too.

Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great
A prayer Jesus promised her will release 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said.

Eternal Father,
I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus,
in union with the Masses said throughout the world today,
for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory,
for sinners everywhere,
for sinners in the universal church,
those in my own home
and within my family.
Amen


5 comments:

Mary - Shia said...

yes, me too
specialy at 3:00PM
God Bless

Lana said...

My sons and I pray it in the morning after our prayer to our guardian angels. It's a prayer we also include in our night prayers. I have a feeling there's a LOT of souls needing saving and I like to say it various other times as well:D

EC Gefroh said...

That's wonderful Mary and Lana! We were taught that our one prayer may just be the one a soul needs to get that boost to Heaven :-)

Matthew said...

I pray it very often too. I also like to pray the St. Michael Prayer after Mass too. It's become another one of my very common prayers.

EC Gefroh said...

Yes, I try to remember to pray that one too MB!