Sunday, July 16, 2006

Mother Teresa - The Movie

Poster courtesy of Olivia Hussey Online


Recently a friend emailed me a lovely powerpoint presentation of Mother Teresa. It was full of her beautiful and thought provoking quotes. If you would like to see it, please feel free to emai me and I will be glad to send it to you.

Which brings me to a wonderful movie my family and I watched tonight. It was a story on the life of Mother Teresa starting from her life as a schoolteacher in India to the end of her life.

She is portrayed in the movie by actress Olivia Hussey. Some of you may remember her as the Mother of Jesus in the movie Jesus of Nazareth.

Ms. Hussey does an incredible job of bringing Mother Teresa to life for us. She somehow captured Mother's mannerisms and with a little help of make-up, she looked a little like dear Mother Teresa...but not quite.

My family strongly recommends that if you have an opportunity to watch this movie, do so with your entire family. The only fault we found with the movie was the it went along very well from beginning, capturing the viewers attention. However, during the end, it is rushed to conclude. Still , worthwhile to see.

No comments: