Thursday, October 02, 2014

Padre Pio and His Guardian Angel

Picture source
Guardian Angel - "The companion of my infancy." - Saint Padre Pio


We are all in the presence of a celestial companion who
"does not abandon us, even when we disgust God." - Padre Pio

Padre Pio, according to Father Alessio Parente, OFM Cap, in his book Send Me Your Guardian Angel", had a extremely close relationship to his guardian angel.  He also had ecstasies and during these ecstasies, Padre Pio's guardian angel would speak to him, laugh with him and Padre Pio in return would tease him.

The following is the transcript of one such ecstasy which occurred on November 29, 1911:

"...Angel of God, my Angel...are you not taking care of me?...Are you a creature of God?...Either you're a creature of God or a creator... You're a creator?  No. Therefore you are God's creature and you have laws which you must obey... You must stay beside me whether you want to or not...He laughs..what is there to laugh about?  Tell me one thing... you must tell me..who was here yesterday morning? ...and he laughs...you must tell me...who was it?...Either Father Agostino or the Superior... tell me then... was it perhaps their secretaries?  Answer me now...If you don't answer me I will say it was one of those four...He laughs,...and Angel laughs!...Tell me then...I won't leave you until you tell me..

"If not, I will ask Jesus...and then you'll catch it!... Anyway, I won't ask that little Mother, that Lady...who looks at me so grimly...She's thee in a bad humour...Jesus isn't it true that your Mother is in a bad humour?...She laughs!...

"Now then, little man (his Guardian Angel), tell me who it was... No answer...he's there...like a fixture...I want to know one thing I asked you and I'm here a long time...Jesus, you tell me.. (It is assumed that there his Angel answers)...

What an intimate relationship Padre Pio had not only with his own angel but also with Jesus and Mary!

In the last part of the transcript is the following: "Jesus, will the evil one come tonight?...Well, help those two who assist me, protect and defend them... I know, you are there...but... Angel of mine, stay with me! Jesus, one last thing...let me kiss you...Fine!... how sweet are these wounds!... they bleed... but this blood is sweet... is sweet... Jesus, sweetness... Holy Host...Love, Love that sustains me...Love... until we met again! (a rivederci).."


Prayer to the Guardian Angel

O Holy Angel, whom God, by the effect of
His goodness and tender regard for my welfare,
has charged with the care of my conduct, who supports me when I am discouraged and continually
obtains for me new favors, I return thee profound thanks and conjure thee,
most amiable protector, to continue thy charitable care
and defense of me against the malignant attacks of all my enemies.
Keep me at a distance from all occasions of sin.
Obtain for me the grace of hearkening attentively
tot he holy inspirations and of faithfully
reducing them to practice.
Protect me in all the temptations and trials of this life,
but more especially at the hour of my death, and
do not leve me until you have conducted me into the presence of my Creator,
in the mansions of everlasting happiness.
Amen.


No comments: