Friday, July 27, 2012
Mother Angelica's Spirituality
I found the following in EWTN Media Missionaries Devotional Guide. If you want to be saintly like Mother Angelica, following the example of her spiritual life is a good way to begin.
"Like St. Francis, her spirit also consists in:
- Adoration of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
- Devotion to the Cross of Christ.
- Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Having complete faith and trust in God.
- Being faithful to the Holy Father and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- A generous giving of self, even while enduring extreme suffering.
- Courage in the face of the risks involved in media ventures. Mother Angelica once said, faith to me is having one foot in the air, one on the ground and a queasy feeling in your stomach (Sr. Mary Raphael, PCPA, My Life With Mother Angelica, p. 40).
- With God, all things are possible. IN one of her books, Mother Angelica writes that there are times when, unless, w are wiling to do what seems humanly ridiculous, God will not do the miraculous. (Mother Angelica, Answers, Not Promises, p. 51).
- A family spirit. As Mother often said, 'We're Family!'"
To learn more about becoming an EWTN Media Missionary, click here.