Friday, June 15, 2012

Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus


Picture source

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
I consecrate myself to Your Most Sacred Heart.
Take possession of my whole being;
transform me into Yourself.
Make my hands Your hands,
my feet Your feet,
my heart Your heart.
Let me see with Your eyes,
listen with Your ears,
speak with Your lips,
love with Your heart,
understand with Your mind,
serve with Your will,
and be dedicated with my whole being.
Make me Your other Self.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
send me Your Holy Spirit to each me to love You
and to live through You,
with You, in You and for You.

Come, Holy Spirit,
make my body Your temple.
Come, and abide with me forever.
Give me the deepest love for the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
in order to serve Him with my whole heart, soul, mind and strength.
Take possession of all my faculties of body and soul.
Regulate all my passions:  feelings and emotions.
Take possession of my intellect,
understanding, and will, my memory and imagination.
O Holy Spirit of Love,
give me an abundance of Your efficacious graces.
Give me the fullness of all the virtues;
enrich my faith,
strength my hope,
increase my trust,
and inflame my love.
Give me the fullness of Your sevenfold gifts, fruits and beatitudes.
Most Holy Trinity,
make my soul Your sanctuary.

"This devotion (to the Sacred Heart of Jesus)...is the highest act of Religion.

It demands the full and absolute determination of surrendering and consecrating oneself to the love of the Divine Redeemer.  The wounded Heart of the Savior is the living sign and symbol of that love...

Devotion tot he Most Sacred heart is so important that it may be considered, as far as practice is concerned, the perfect profession of the Christian Religion." - Pius XII May 15, 1956

Encyclical: Haurietis Aquas

No comments: