|"Vision of St. Francis of Assisi" by Vincente Carducho|
Today is a big feast day for the Franciscans. It is the Feast of Our Lady of the Angels. It is also the day when we all can receive plenary indulgence also known as the "Portiuncula Indulgence".
CONDITIONS TO OBTAIN THE PLENARY INDULGENCE OF THE FORGIVENESS OF ASSISI
(for oneself or for a departed soul)
- Sacramental Confession to be in God's grace
(during the eight days before or after);
- Participation in the Holy Mass and Eucharist.
- Visit to a Catholic Church, followed by PROFESSION OF FAITH, in order to reaffirm one's own Christian identity;
- Say the OUR FATHER, in order to reaffirm the dignity as child of God that one received in Baptism;
- A prayer for the Pope's intention, in order to reaffirm one's membership in the Church, of which the Roman Pontiff is the foundation and sign of visible unity.
To learn more about the Portiuncula Indulgence, please visit the Franciscan Friars T.O.R.
And, a big mahalo to Betty sending me a reminder yesterday!