Tuesday, June 21, 2011

St. Aloyius Gonzaga - Saintly Quotes

Carlo Francesco Nuvolone

Picture source

A want of due attention to mental prayer is the reason why some have so little fervor in the service of God, and give so great scope to their passions.

He who falls into a fault, however light it may be, ought to rise immediately, have recourse to God, beg pardon of Him, and ask grace never to commit it again.

He who wishes to love God does not truly love Him, if he has not an ardent and constant desire to suffer for His sake.

It is to be feared that the angels, who are at present our guardians, will become our accusers at the day of judgment.

Source. Good source for prayers too.

It is better to be the child of God than king of the whole world.

Source

I am but a crooked piece of iron, and have come into religion to be made straight by the hammer of mortification and penance.

Marian Prayer of St. Aloysius Gonzaga

O Holy Mary, my mother,
into your blessed trust and custody,
and into the care of your mercy
I this day, every day,
and in the hour of my death,
commend my soul and my body.
To you I commit all my anxieties and miseries,
my life and the end of my life,
that by your most holy intercession
and by your merits
all my actions may be directed
and disposed
according to your will
and that of your Son.
Amen.

Source

No comments: