At the recent Marian Conference my friend Lois showed me a print out of an article I am sharing with you here. At the exact moment I was reading the article, my friend Dottie approached me and showed me a prayer card of Our Lady of America! We were all struck in awe of that God-incidence!
A couple of years ago, I like many other Catholics, was aware that our Lady's statue was traveling to different parts. I think I even received or found one of those holy cards. Other than that, I really did not pay much mind to her message....that is until I read the article found in its entirety HERE:
Our Lady of AmericaTo learn more about Our Lady of America, her message and what we can do to bring purity to America through certain devotions, please be sure to visit HERE
Purity Torchbearers of the Queen
Richard Salbato 11-09-2007
Some say it will take a miracle to turn America around to purity. America is known throughout the world, especially in developing nations, as a beacon of impurity. Since the 1960s Hollywood has produced and exported pornography, both subtle and explicit, around the globe.
However, just prior to America's descent into the sexually quagmire of the 1960's, a nun in Rome City, Indiana began receiving messages from heaven; messages from "Our Lady of America." From the start, those messages called for purity. The first words that Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) heard from the Lady on September 26, 1956 were:
"I am Our Lady of America. I desire that my children honor me, especially by the purity of their lives."
Essentially, the messages teach that purity in love is pleasing to Jesus and call for reformation of lives regarding purity, a change that is impossible without great love for God. They also warn that if reformation does not occur there will be great suffering.
In what some today call a prophetic warning, given its timing in relation to the moral destruction of the sexual revolution, Sister Mary Ephrem recorded these words in September 1957:
"My beloved daughter, what I am about to tell you concerns in a particular way my children in America. Unless they do penance by mortification and self-denial and thus reform their lives, God will visit them with punishments hitherto unknown to them."
Peace, say the messages, will be restored to America once the nation embraces purity.
"My child, there will be peace, as has been promised, but not until my children are purified and cleansed from defilement, and clothed thus with the white garment of grace, are made ready to receive this peace, so long promised and so long held back because of the sins of men."
(This peace was promised at Fatima in 1917)
The challenge of responding to the messages from heaven does not rest with the faithful alone. The bishops of America have a role to play as well. "Our Lady of America" asked that a statue in her honor be placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
Devotion to the Mother of God under the title of "Our Lady of America" was approved in 1963 by former Archbishop of Cincinatti, OH, the late Paul Francis Leibold. And since then, many other bishops have taken part publicly in the devotion.
The most recent bishop to take up the cause is St. Louis Archbishop Raymond Burke, one of the leading bishops in the fight for the culture of life in the United States. On May 31 of this year, Archbishop Burke, a renowned canon lawyer, issued a letter of approval about devotion to "Our Lady of America". The Archbishop of St. Louis sent a copy of his letter to all bishops in the United States.
During the month of August, 2007, the statue of Our Lady of America was on display at the Basilica of St. Louis...
America is facing this life-and-death challenge because of the Western world's demographic collapse and mass Muslim immigration into Europe, which threatens to turn parts of Europe into majority-Muslim countries by mid-century. Meanwhile, rising European and Islamic anti-Americanism may soon force America to confront the enemies of civilization without help from anyone else.
Much of the Western world will not survive the 21st Century, and much of it will effectively disappear within our lifetimes -- including many if not most European countries. The New Order in Europe and the world depends on whether America can summon the will to shape at least part of the emerging global picture.
If not, then we will see the end of the American moment and the beginning of the new Dark Ages: the return of much the planet to a primitive state.
Described with wit and wisdom by Mark Steyn, author of “America Alone”:
* Why Libya's Qaddafi is probably correct when he says that "there are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe without swords, without guns, without conquests"
* Why the progressive Left can be in favor of Big Government or population control but not both and how that mutual incompatibility is about to plunge Europe into societal collapse
* The hidden reason that the problem of Islamic jihad has exploded across the world since 1970
* The disquieting implications of the fact that Islam is a religion, not a race or nationality as is commonly claimed in the West; and an explicitly political religion at that
* Why the liberal talk of finding the "root causes" of terrorism in the errors and excesses of Western foreign policy is so wrongheaded
* How Europe's welfare states are helping to foster the rise of a globalized Islam
* Dangerous consequences that are likely to come from manifestations of "cultural sensitivity" -- such as the fact that U.S. guards at Gitmo must handle copies of the Koran only when wearing gloves because the detainees regard infidels as "unclean"
* How the terrorist attacks in Madrid in 2004 and London in 2005 along with other events such as the murder of Theo van Gogh were the opening shots of a European civil war
* Sobering facts about how advanced civilizational suicide already is in Japan and Russia
* How mosques in the West serve as recruiters for the jihad and play an important role in ideological subordination and cell discipline
* Why the Spanish government was so eager to appease the jihad terrorists after the Madrid bombings of March 2004
* How oil isn't the principal Saudi export, Islamic jihad ideology is -- and our oil money bankrolls its spread
* Europe's suicidal multicultural malaise -- and why jihadists understand that the Continent is ripe for the taking in a way that America isn't yet
* How the ultimate victory of Islam in America can be avoided not by more government but by less: by government returning to the citizenry the primal responsibilities it has taken from them in the modern era...
A big mahalo to Lois for making sure that I read this important message from our Lady.