Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day

Flag Day

You're A Grand Old Flag/ Yankee Doodle Boy

Words and Music- George M. Cohan

You're a grand old flag, you're a high flying flag;
And forever, in peace, may you wave.
You're the emblem of the land I love,
The home of the free and the brave.
Every heart beats true, for the Red,White, & Blue,
Where there's never a boast or brag;
But, should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.

(Boys)
I'm a Yankee Doodle dandy,
A Yankee Doodle do or die;
A real live nephew of my Uncle Sam.
Born on the Fourth of July.
I've got a Yankee Doodle sweetheart,
She's my Yankee Doodle joy.

(Girls)
Yankee Doodle went to London
Just to ride the ponies;

(Boys)
I am a Yankee Doodle Boy!

(Girls)
He is a Yankee Doodle Boy!

Lyric Source

twitter / catholicmominHI

No comments: