Friday, September 26, 2008

Fine Art Friday - Norman Rockwell

Triple Portrait
Triple Portrait

Rain
Game Called Because of Rain

Before the Shote
Before the Shot
I found a print of this one at the thrift store.
It has a hard wood frame and I got it for only $5.00!

Girl Mirror
Girl at the Mirror
BTW, I must admit this is my all-time favorite Rockwell work

The Golden Rule
The Golden Rule

THE FOUR FREEDOMS

Want
Freedom From Want

Speech
Freedom of Speech

Worship
Freedom of Worship

Fear
Freedom From Fear

Problem
The Problem With Us

JFK
John F. Kennedy

This week's featured artist is one of my favorites, Norman Rockwell. I have chosen some of his most famous works. They are also the ones who represent our America, good and bad. As you may know, most of Mr. Rockwell's works were done for the Saturday Evening Post, a magazine still in existence today.

If you plan to be in the area, make sure to plan your visit around the Norman Rockwell Museum

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is one of my favorite artists, too. He is SO VERY GOOD at capturing human emotion in a moment.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless,
TracyW.

Tracy said...

Very nice Esther:)

Mimi said...

I don't think I'd ever seen the baseball one, I like that.

EC Gefroh said...

Tracy, yes, he really does.

Thanks Tracy!

I like that one too Mimi.

Unknown said...

Wow he's awesome! I heard of him and have seen his art over the years.

Hugs, Heather

EC Gefroh said...

Glad you enjoyed it Heather.