Friday, March 14, 2008

Easter Spring Cleaning

Easter Spring Cleaning
I don't know about you but I started cleaning our home in time for Easter. Well, actually I did want to get rid of clutter but I also promised my DH that if we could keep the new kitten we took in, I would get rid of a lot of unused stuff. More on the kitten later.

This is a good time to clean out closets and donate to a worthy organization like the Salvation Army. Not only is our home beginning to look like we have more room but it also gives us a chance of reflecting that we shouldn't be attached to material things but instead we should be attached more to our loving God.

My friend Barb also shared the following which I thought was a good reminder to me.

Monday Wash Day

Lord, help me wash away all

my selfishness and vanity,

so I may serve you with

perfect humility through the week ahead.

Tuesday Ironing Day

Dear Lord, help me iron out

all the wrinkles of prejudice

I have collected through the years

so that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday Mending Day

O God, help me mend my ways

so I will not set a bad example for others.

Thursday Cleaning Day

Lord Jesus, help me to dust out

all the many faults I have been hiding

in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday Shopping Day

O God, give me the grace to shop wisely

so I may purchase eternal happiness

for myself and all others in need of love.

Saturday Cooking Day

Help me, my Savior,

to brew a big kettle of brotherly love

and serve it with clean,

sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday The Lord's Day

O God, I have prepared my house for you.

Please come into my heart so

I may spend the day and

the rest of my life in your presence.


If anyone knows the author, please let me know so I can give proper credit.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

I love this...linking. :)

EC Gefroh said...

Good! :-)

Micki said...

A prayer of such few words that says it all. Thanks.

EC Gefroh said...

Glad you liked it Micki.