Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Secret of Sanctity

Dove
I found this on Sue's blog
I am gong to reveal to you a secret of sanctity and happiness. If every day during five minutes you will keep your imagination quiet, shut your eyes to all the things of sense, and close your ears to all the sounds of earth, so as to be able to withdraw into the sanctuary of your baptized souls, which is the temple of the Holy Spirit, speaking there to that Holy spirit saying:

O Holy Spirit, soul of my soul, I adore You. Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it. I promise to be submissive in everything that You permit to happen to me, only show me what is Your Will.

If you do this, your life will pass happily and serenely. Consolation will abound even in the midst of troubles. Grace will be given in proportion to the trial as well as strength to bear it, bringing you to the gates of Paradise full of merit.

This submission to the Holy Spirit is the Secret of Sanctity.


Cardinal Mercier

2 comments:

Marie said...

How very beautiful thankyou Esther. For me the KEY is to think a lot and SPEAK very little.

Peace, JOY & Love to you:)

Marie xoxoxo

EC Gefroh said...

Good advice Marie. I always resolve to spend more time in silence but how I often I forget my own resolutions.

Love,