Monday, August 13, 2007

The Prayer or Blessing Against Storms

hurricane flossiePicture source: This Site

As Hurricane Flossie approaches the Hawaiian islands, I would ask that you join in praying the following:

BTW, here is a disaster preparedness checklist from the Honolulu Advertiser

And thanks to OLOGH, you can download a Hurricane Tracker

Jesus Christ, a King of Glory, has come in peace.
God became man, and the Word was made flesh.
Christ was born of a virgin.
Christ suffered.
Christ was crucified.
Christ died.
Christ rose from the dead.
Christ ascended into heaven.
Christ conquers.
Christ reigns.
Christ orders.
May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning. Christ went through their midst in peace and the word was made flesh. Christ is with us with Mary.
Flee, you enemy spirits, because the Lion of the Generation of Judah, the Root of David, has won. Holy God. Holy Powerful God. Holy Immortal God. Have mercy on us. Amen.
This prayer originated in a convent and church in Lisbon, Portugal. Pope Innocent III, 1198-1216, ordered it published. From the Pieta prayerbook

10 comments:

christine M said...

That's a wonderful prayer. I'll be sure to say it for all of you in Hawaii (I thought the storm was losing strength, did I miss something?)

I'm hoping you'll join me on my new blog venture.

Simple Faith and Life said...

Said the prayer for you all. MM

Mimi said...

Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy. You be safe, my friend.

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks so much ladies. It should pass around us but you never know. In 1993 Hurricane Iniki was supposed to avoid us but slammed with a vengence on Kauai.

Christine, I would be happy to. Just let me know more details.

Anonymous said...

Prayers ascending for all in the path of the hurricane. Lord, in your Mercy, hear our prayers!

Alexandra said...

Stay safe, prayers for your family and the safety of all on the islands of Hawaii.

EC Gefroh said...

Mahalo nui loa Deb and Alexandra!

Mimi said...

Are you ok? Now, I hear you got an earthquake too???????

EC Gefroh said...

We're fine Mimi. Thanks for your concern. The hurricane has been downgraded to a Category 2. However, the poor Big Island is the one in the path and also the one who felt the earthquake.

Mimi said...

Our office has a condo in Kona, and I've been there twice, such a lovely place.

I'm glad you are ok!