Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Vatican Issues 10 Commandments For Drivers: Don't Drink, Don't Kill, and Pray

10Picture source: Flagline
VATICAN CITY — Got road rage? The Vatican on Tuesday issued "Ten Commandments" for drivers, telling motorists to be charitable to others on the highway, to refrain from drinking and driving, and to pray you make it before you even buckle up.
ARTICLE

As soon as we get into the car, we pray a prayer to our Guardian angels, the St. Michael the Archangel prayer, and say "Sacred Heart of Jesus, protect us. Please don't let us having any trouble with the car or any accidents." We don't leave the house before blessing ourselves with Holy Water.

My sister and mom say a Hail Mary, Prayer for the Souls in Purgatory and Prayer to the Guardian angel. My mom prays the Rosary while she drives.

How about you?

4 comments:

catholicandgop said...

When we get through a tough turn or intersection we say "thankyou Jesus" or "thankyou Lord". ;)

Kimberly said...

I pray the rosary everyday, while taking my daughter to and from work. The majority of my drive takes place on the interstate (lots of big trucks). Several years ago, I was hit by a semi, my vehicle was flipped over a few times and thrown into oncoming traffic, where it was hit a second time. I was praying the 5th Joyful Mystery of the Most Holy Rosary.

Needless to say, I was spared any injury, and though six vehicles and twelve other people were involved in the ensuing "chain reaction", not one of them was seriously injured.

The rosary remains my prayer of choice, while traveling!

Anonymous said...

You've got some great blogs!

God bless

EC Gefroh said...

Sunny, we do that too.

Oh my goodness Kimberly! Something similar like that happened to my mom and she happened to be praying her rosary too.

Thanks Jackie.