Thursday, May 24, 2007

More on the Holy Souls in Purgatory

Michelle of Rosetta Stone, whose blog link I also forgot to add to my sidebar (but that has been corrected), left me a about a little book, on a previous posting regarding Maria Simma. The little book is entitled The Amazing Secret of the Souls in Purgatory: An Interview with Maria Simma. My mom happened to have the book in her Catholic library. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who would like to help the holy souls and in turn help their living loved ones and themselves avoid a long stay in purgatory.

Sister Emmanuel interviewed the late Maria Simma, an Austrian women who had souls appear to her for help. The entire book which is not long at all, is very hard to put down once you start. The following is just one excerpt:
Are there priests in purgatory?

..."Yes, there are many. They didn't promote respect for the Eucharist. So faith overall suffers. They are often in Purgatory for having neglected prayer-which has diminished their faith. But there are also many who have gone straight to Heaven!

What would you say, then, to a priest who really wants to live according to the heart of God?

I would advise him to pray much to the Holy Spirit- and to say his Rosary every day.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you liked the book!

Rosemary said...

Such a good reminder. We should pray for them every day. (I've tagged you on the "8 things about me" meme, if you feel like it :)

EC Gefroh said...

Michelle, I loved it! Thanks again for telling me about it.

Thanks Rosemary, I will go it as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

I read that book as well and highly recommend it to people!

There is also another book called: "Get Us Out of Here!!", which is a more extensive interview of Maria Simma. It is really eye-opening! Has anyone else read it and what do you think of it if so?

Lisa in Ohio

EC Gefroh said...

Lisa, that is still on my to read list.