Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ascension Thursday

Ascension
Today we celebrate the ascension of our Lord into Heaven. Finally, we are in a state that celebrates it on the day it is supposed to be celebrated. This morning we attended my mom's parish Blessed Sacrament. It was a children's Mass. Father P. asked the kids during the homily if they knew the difference between the ascension of our Lord and the assumption into Heaven of our lady. He told them even the adults probably didn't know the difference and he was right.

Jesus ascended Himself into Heaven while our Lady was assisted by God into Heaven.

Anyway, I took photos of the beautiful church and the morning Mass parishioners. However, I forgot my camera/computer cable and will not be able to post them until my DH sends it to me.

No comments: