Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Screwtape Letters Movie

H/T to Ignatius Insight

Screwtape Letters
If you are a fan of C. S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters, and I'm sure you are, you will be happy to know that a screen adaptation is presently being contemplated. Christianity Today's reports:

Studio behind Narnia, Charlotte's Web to adapt C.S. Lewis' beloved novel; Ralph Winter, Douglas Gresham to produce. Click above for article.

For excerpts of letters to Wormwood by his affectionate uncle Screwtape, Click HERE


"MY DEAR WORMWOOD,

I note with grave displeasure that your patient has become a Christian. Do not indulge the hope that you will escape the usual penalties; indeed, in your better moments, I trust you would hardly even wish to do so. In the meantime we must make the best of the situation. There is no need to despair; hundreds of these adult converts have been reclaimed after a I brief sojourn in the Enemy's camp and are now with us. All the habits of the patient, both mental and bodily, are still in our favour..."

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I love Screwtape and I'm interested to know what approach they'll use?
(Will a voiceover read the letter while actors perform the scene...?)
Or will it just be actors performing the scene sans letter?
Anyhow, I can't wait. I hope they don't screw it up.
I wish they would do "The Great Divorce". Man, that thing is MADE for the screen.

EC Gefroh said...

I don't know. Good question. My son and I did enjoy the audio book read by John Cleese.