Monday, January 22, 2007

Seven Disguises In Which God Frequently Sends His Graces

St. Therese
The following was posted today by Roman Catholic Blog Mahalo!

Seven Disguises In Which God Frequently Sends His Graces


In the disguise of ingratitude from friends.
In the disguise of being misunderstood.
In the disguise of failure.
In the disguise of being dishonored.
In the disguise of sickness.
In the disguise of poverty.
In the disguise of our daily work.


Our Lord isn’t anxious for us to suffer so let’s not complain to Him any more than is necessary! He sees us in our misery and looks forward to our final victory. If we could only appreciate the great work He’s doing in preparing these crosses for us. - St. Thérèse of Lisieux


"The suffering endured for God are the greatest proof of our love for Him" - Saint Alphonsus Ligouri

2 comments:

FloridaWife said...

So, when someone is saying something to me about being Catholic and how could I believe this or that, I should see God's grace.

I need to do this instead of getting upset. Thank you for posting this.

Also, I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've never been to a Right to Life march because I don't want to get yelled at by all the foul-mouthed rabid people. I'm a bit sensitive. Maybe I should get past that, huh? It's just that I've heard they yell the most foul and awful things and I'd feel terrible, but I should see it as a grace, right?

EC Gefroh said...

Elizabeth: Yes, because if you focus on the moment and not on our feelings, we can think about whether we want to please God or not. It would please God to suffer silently for His sake.
This is something I am trying to change about myself.
My friend's husband almost didn't let her attend because of the protestors. But you know, they are just loud..that's it. The other marchers make for a peaceful and loving atmosphere.