Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Brown Scapular and Our Lady of Mount Carmel


Picture courtesy of Mary Pages

Blessed Virgin Mary to Saint Dominic, "One Day through the Rosary and Scapular, I will save the World."

"Whosoever dies clothed in this scapular shall not suffer eternal fire."

This is Mary's Promise made July 16, 1251 to Saint Simon Stock.

The devils revealed to Francis of Yepes, the brother of St. John of the Cross, that three things especially tormented them.

1. the Name of Jesus

2. the Name of Mary

3. the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. "Take off that habit," they cried to him, "which snatches so many souls from us. All those clothed in it die piously and escape us. From the Pieta Prayer Booklet

Prayer or Novena of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
O Beautiful flower of Carmel, most fruitful vine, splendor of heave, holy and singular, who brought forth the Son of God, still ever remaining a pure virgin, assist me in mynecessity! (pause and mention petitions).
In you I find consolation when afflicted, protection when persecuted, strength when burdened
with trails, and light in doubt and darkness. Dear Lady, I firmly believe that you can grant me the grace I implore.
My dearest Mary, be pleased to accept this act of prefect resignation to the decrees of your adorable heart, which I sincerely desire to be fulfilled in and by me and all God's creatures forever.
Amen

No comments: