Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Special Novena for Father Gordon MacRae Regarding Recent Findings by an Investigator


Picture source

Dear Readers and Friends:

I would ask that you join me in praying a novena for Father Gordon MacRae. As you know, he is the priest who was falsely accused of abusing a minor.  He was convicted and has been imprisoned for many years because he would not plead guilty to something he did not do.  There is a specific reason why I will be praying this novena for Father Gordon's special intentions. Without giving out too many details, I share the following statements with you. BTW, the following conclusions were arrived at by a professional investigator who has spent over 1000 hours investigating the case against Father Gordon MacRae, and has concluded that this case was a massive fraud.:

"A number of those who accused Father MacRae also accused others - including other Catholic priests - of the identical claims and behaviors they attributed to Father MacRae..."

"...It has become clear that, at the time he was accused, numerous conspiracies were being concocted in this region to accuse Catholic priests of abuse in order to fraudulently obtain settlement money front the Catholic Church."

The feast of the Queenship of Mary is next week. I think it would be very appropriate for us to pray the Memorare for Father's intentions for nine consecutive days, starting on Monday, August 22nd, the actual feast day and ending on August 30th, with confession, Mass and Holy Communion. If you can have Mass offered for Father Gordon, it would be greatly appreciated! After all, they are our blessed mother's priests.

I would also ask that you read Father's recent post found here.

**I also highly recommend you read A Ram in the Thicket's How Psychotherapists helped send an Innocent Priest to Prison It is an eye-opener!


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Prayer source

19 comments:

Father Cory Sticha said...

Count me in on the novena, and I'm linking to this post on my social network sites. Time to get the Church Militant marching!

Jennifer said...

Count me in as well, and I'm here from Fr. cory's link!

Esther G. said...

Mahalo nui loa Father!! God bless,

Esther G. said...

Thank you so much Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Esther, will do!!

God reward you for this.

Veronica

Esther G. said...

Thank you very much Veronica!

mary333 said...

Esther,
I will be joining you in this Novena. Seems strange...I am such an advocate (for various reasons) of those who have been sexually abused but I truly believe that Fr. MacRae is innocent. I have been researching his case online and have read his blog as well as a number of other articles about him including the one on A Ram in the Thicket. As a resident of NH I remember well the "witch hunts" that went on when the abuse scandal hit our state. It seemed as if many jumped on the bandwagon and "suddenly" priests in our state were being accused left and right including a number of priests in my own small city. Even then, I wondered how many of these accusations were false. It was just too crazy. Priests walked around in fear wondering if they were going to be next on the "hit list". One after another the accusations came - it seemed to become almost non-stop. Our local telegraph devoted entire sections to this scandal always using the word "alleged" of course to protect themselves. Unfortunately, the damage was already done once a priest's name was associated in any way with allegations of abuse. They were "marked" before they even got a chance to defend themselves. It's very tough to get a fair trial in this type of atmosphere with such a strong bias against priests already in the air.

Esther G. said...

Mary, thank you! If possible could you help to spread the word?

That is just it, even the slightest allegation or hint of wrongdoing automatically registers as guilty in some people's mind concerning priests.

mary333 said...

Esther,
I am going to send you an e-mail regarding Fr. MacRae - it's not something I want to post in the comment section for reasons I will explain in the e-mail.

Esther G. said...

Okay Mary. Thank you.

Mike said...

I'll join you and reshare the post...

Therese said...

Will pray the novena for Fr McCrae with you Esther.

Esther G. said...

Much appreciated Therese! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Found this through Jennifer's link. Count me in. I pray for Fr MacRae anyway!!

Tina in Ashburn

Esther G. said...

Mike and Tina, thank you very much! Sorry I am just acknowledging you but my computer was hit with a major virus.

God bless,

mary333 said...

I posted about the Novena, Esther. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Karinann said...

Esther,
I will join you in the novena. I have been following Fr. Gordon's story and his blog since its beginning. As I said on Mary's blog, while Fr. Gordon being in prison and unjustly accused is an awful shame, he is allowing God to do so much through him. He makes me think of St Paul who did some of his best work and teaching while in prison.
I will also spread the word about the novena on my own blog.
Thanks for starting this and God bless.

Esther G. said...

Wonderful Karinann! Mahalo.

Kathryn said...

Esther, thank you for doing this. I will be joining you in the novena for Fr. MacRae. I came over here by way of Mary's blog, The Beautiful Gate!