Wednesday, March 09, 2011

iPod Touch and iPhone Apps for Lent - Updated

Picture source

I have been getting my iPod Touch ready for Lent. The following are apps I currently installed:

1. iCatholic Radio I listen to EWTN programs on this one. (Free)

2. Rosary Audio. Beautiful to look at, pray along with the narrator and also pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet with this one. (.99)

3. Not By Bread Alone Daily reflections for Lent 2011 by Bishop Robert F. Moreau. (.99)

4. Divine Mercy by the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception. It is beautifully done. (Free)

5. Confession Catholic App. It is a good way to examine your conscience. I wish it had audio though so I can listen to it on my way to confession. (1.99)

6. Father Robert Barron's Word on Fire (Free)

7.  I also have audio books and books ready for Lent.  One I am listening to now is St.  Augustine's Confessions.  One I am looking forward to listening to is On the Duties of the Clergy by Saint Ambrose.  I am reading the Douay Rheims version of the Holy Bible.

I cam across a few other Catholic apps while searching for the above links.  I may just have to check those out a little more carefully. This post may just have to be updated.

I still need a Stations of the Cross app.


UPDATED: 3/9/11

Magnificat Daily readings from Magnificat magazine. (Free)

Stations of the Cross (Free)

BTW, the Passionists have their list of recommended apps for Lent here.

5 comments:

*Mia Jude* said...

Thanks for the App ideas! I already have the Divine Mercy and the Confession app...but I downloaded all the other ones you recommended! Happy Fat Tuesday and have a blessed Lent.

Esther G. said...

You're welcome! Thank you. Have a blessed Lent.

MM said...

Thanks for these reccommendations.
IBreviary is also free, its liturgy of the hours app and it also have quite a few other prayers we can pray theres even a subgroup of lenten prayers.

Esther G. said...

YW! I haven't d/led the Brievary yet.

Somerset Wedding Girl said...

What if you're giving up phones/technology though? Nightmare!