Monday, January 17, 2011

The Legionaries of Christ


Until the scandal involving the Legionaries' founder came to light, the priests, brothers, seminarians and Regnum Christi families were well respected and well supported. That all changed when the allegations against the founder were found to be true.

It was with much sadness that I read Patrick Madrid's recent post National Catholic Registers' About Me Section is About to Change . I guess it should not be surprising that every aspect of the Legionaries ministry has been negatively affected.

It was just three years ago that my family and I attended an appreciation dinner at the house in Thornwood, New York. The reality is what has happened finally hit home for me.

I feel that we are somehow responsible for letting the Legionaries of Christ down by withdrawing our support. It is not right for us to punish them for the sins of their founder.

If you find it in your heart to help these men of God, consider making a contribution or even sending them a letter of support.

Legioniaries of Christ: United States

No comments: