Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blessed Seelos - Modern day miracle? Cancer patient's prayers answered

Bl. SeelosPicture Source

Many might believe Mary Ellen Heibel's whole life had been a medical miracle.

At 21 she had her gallbladder removed. At 47 a kidney transplant. In her 60s, she almost died when her colon exploded and she got sepsis and went into a coma.

Yet with each medical catastrophe she survived, and she says got closer to God.

"I came to the conclusion that if I am going to die, I’m going to die by myself, and I better do something about my religion and praying,” Heibel said.

And she did that as a parishioner at St Mary's Church in Annapolis, built in the 1850s and where a much-loved Redemptorist priest once served as pastor – Father Francis Seelos...
Video and rest of the article can be found HERE

Thank you Mary Jane for sharing this article.

No comments: